Opportunity means job – jobs means integration
Project Opportunity means job – job means integration provides migrants with labour market orientation with a goal of getting and securing an employment and also facilitating integration into the society. Foreigners in the Czech Republic often face obstacles while searching for a job and dealing with authorities or employers. That is why they are likely to become a part of illegal economy. Based on our researches economical self-sufficiency is a way how to successfully integrate into the society. Simultaneously migrants report an urgent need to receive education shaped according to their needs and language skills. They need to understand mechanisms of labour market, know their rights as employees, know how to defend themselves in case of discrimination and know how to meet specific requirements related to searching for a job in the Czech Republic. Project takes place in Pilsen, region with a high population of migrant workers, but lack of respective services.
Courses on social and labour market related skills and competencies
· Courses are built upon interactive training methods and low-threshold approach
· Each of the courses will consist of 10 workshops, which will be organized during 8 weeks and repeated in 3 cycles
· Content of the courses: labour market legislative minimum, practical skills trainings, topic related language preparation
· Education will be provided by professional lectors with experience working in multicultural environment
Info-guide for foreigners
Guide will uniquely join theoretical, practical and language information for migrants, which will support their successful orientation on the Czech labour market.
· Brief facts and information from course handouts, vocabulary, model situations
· Labour legislation minimum, examples of official forms, agreements, contacts, case studies
· Distribution for free in Czech, English, Russian and Vietnamese
Methodics for social services providers
· Guidelines how to provide intercultural and gender sensitive services for migrants, how to facilitate interactive workshops
· Together with guide for foreigners will serve as a complex material for migrant education in other regions, publications can used also by state authorities, NGO's etc.
Roundtables and seminars
· Platform for cooperation of all actors involved in migrant integration will be created
· Roundtables will be organized at the end of each course with participants as migrant workers, representatives of employers, job agencies, professionals from state and nongovernmental institutions and local politicians
· Final seminar with presentation of project results
tel: 774 454 561