Know Your Country, Know Your Rights
This project follows up results of the research- analysis of discriminatory practices faced by migrants in the Czech Republic. The research has been carried out by EKS in 2007 - 8 within a project called Discrimination of refugees in the Czech Republic from a gender perspective, supported by an EEA grant.
The project aims to reduce discrimination of migrants in the Czech Republic. This will be achieved by several steps:
- providing migrants information on social, legal and cultural framework
- supporting their inclusion into local communities
- and eliminating stereotypes and prejudices.
The main activities of the project are:
- training workshop for migrants on employment and social issues (3 training cycles, 10 workshops in each cycle)
- publishing a handbook for effective work with migrants
- media campaign (photo-exhibition, articles in newspapers and magazines, TV and radio releases on life of migrants in the Czech Republic)
This project was supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway in the framework of financial mechanism EEA and Norwegian financial mechanism by means of the foundation NROS (Nadace rozvoje občanské společnosti).